See below for current artist and job opportunities with CCA.
CCA has an online shop stocking our range of artists’ editions, publications, posters and more. We are planning to expand our selection to include limited runs of guest publications from Northern Ireland and beyond. By featuring new and diverse work in CCA’s online shop, we will be able to bring our audiences’ attention to spectacular work using the book format by artists and others.
We are looking for great publications to feature for limited two-month runs, on a profit-share basis. These may include artist publications, exhibition catalogues, critical writing and more.
If you would like to have your title considered to be one of our guest features, please email us at email@example.com for details using the subject GUEST PUBLICATION
Call for Technicians
CCA works with artists to realise new artworks and to create different environments in the gallery spaces. We are looking to widen our pool of technicians to call upon, including people with skills in AV and multi-media, carpentry, painting and decorating and other technical specialisms.
If you are a technician and would like to join our roster please email your CV, completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, and a one-page covering letter listing your skills, competencies, and achievements and names and contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading TECHNICIAN APPLICATION or by post to:
10–12 Artillery Street
Call for Casual Gallery Assistants
CCA is seeking individuals to join the team as Casual Gallery Assistants (GAs). These ad hoc GAs are trained to open and manage the CCA building, creating a safe and welcoming environment for all visitors to CCA. Casual GAs are called upon to open CCA either during our regular hours, during staff absence (such as annual leave or sickness), for specific events or for private hire events, which may involve evening or weekend hours. GAs act as the front of house and representative of CCA and so a polite, professional and friendly demeanour is essential to the role as well as experience of keyholding, operations and health and safety.
SALARY: £7.83 per hour
DURATION OF POST: Permanent, subject to successful completion of a six-month probationary period
PLACE OF WORK: CCA Derry~Londonderry, 10–12 Artillery Street, Derry~Londonderry, BT48 6RG
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director, Head of Public Programmes
HOW TO APPLY: Complete application form and send with CV and completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to email@example.com – mark the subject as CASUAL GALLERY ASSISTANT APPLICATION or by post to:
10–12 Artillery Street
DEADLINE: 10 December 2018, Interviews will be held in the following month.
Purpose of post:
- Keyholding locking and unlocking CCA premises
- Acting as front of house, first point of contact for the public and hirers; responding to enquiries and requests in appropriate, professional manner
- Invigilate artwork; protecting fragile work from harm or theft, condition reporting
- Cleaning when necessary
- Undertaking visitor surveys as required
- Collating visitor information for reporting
- Assisting with exhibition installation and deinstallation if required
- Handling cash through donations and sales, cashing up and accounting
- Assisting with the safety of staff and visitors in the gallery
- Managing public events
- Communicating the ideas behind artworks and events clearly to a wide range of visiting public.
- Experience of working with the public
- Experience of working with exhibitions
- Building management
- Keyholding experience
- Lone working experience
- Experience of working in the third sector, community and voluntary organisations
- Excellent communicator
- Arts education, BA or MA in arts desirable
- Reliability and punctuality
- Self-reliant team player, problem solving
- Close attention to detail and professionalism
- Positive approach and demeanour, patient and calm under pressure
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Additional spoken languages desirable
Call for Volunteers (Ad Hoc)
CCA is looking for Ad Hoc Volunteers to get involved with various areas of CCA’s work including exhibition installation and research. Ad Hoc Volunteers are sometimes a one-off extra pair of hands for an event, or a few days or weeks, depending on the needs of the project and the circumstances of the volunteer. While this is an opportunity for Ad Hoc Volunteers, CCA will soon be recruiting for our 8-week volunteer programme in 2019. Keep an eye on our website for information on how to apply in the coming months, if you are interested in getting involved longer-term.
As a volunteer you will receive instruction and guidance from CCA staff and will be trained to museum standards in whatever the task requires. We are looking for keen individuals with a passion for contemporary art and willingness to get involved; a desire to learn; professionalism; approachability and a positive attitude; a polite and patient demeanour; and good communication skills with a broad range of people from the general public to arts specialists.
To become an Ad Hoc Volunteer please complete this form and return it with your current CV and equal opportunities monitoring form either by post to:
10–12 Artillery Street
Or by email. Mark application subject line AD HOC VOLUNTEER APPLICATION, to: firstname.lastname@example.org