Open call: The Edge of Things, selected by CCA + Sean Lynch
CCA invites proposals for one-day exhibition projects taking place between January and March 2017. Up to five projects will be selected, each assigned with a budget of £500 maximum.
The Edge of Things is open to artists, non-artists, curators, performers, collectors, and enthusiasts of all description. The open call takes its title from a statement by artist, poet, and filmmaker Marcel Broodthaers explaining his need to work fluidly across different art forms. He describes the edge as a dynamic ‘frontier’, where disciplines can co-exist and part ways.
We particularly welcome exhibition proposals that share a similar sense of experiment and curiosity. Proposed work, presentations, exhibitions, or events can be pre-existing or newly realised.
Exhibition proposals will be selected by CCA and artist Sean Lynch. No previous artistic or curatorial experience is necessary. CCA will provide guidance and curatorial support as required. Applications are open to all, but priority will be given to projects and/or applicants that have a connection to our region. Please see details below for further information.
Please send your application as a single PDF document, containing:
– Name, email, and postal address
– A written description of the project proposal (max. 500 words. This should outline the idea for the exhibition and description of the exhibition contents, but need not be a precise exhibition plan)
– Optional supporting material of up to 5 images and/or links to video works (excerpts up to 5 minutes maximum)
– A budget or written description of costs (max. 500 words)
– Please do not send CVs or professional profiles
Applications should be sent to email@example.com before Sunday, 13th November at 17:00.
– Proposals should be for exhibitions that will be open to the public for one day only, which may also include an evening event. Additional time will be allocated for installation and de-installation, subject to negotiation with CCA.
– £500 is the maximum available budget per project, and should include all related costs including fees, transport, production, refreshments, installation costs and accommodation as necessary. We discourage applicants from proposing other financial contributions to supplement the project.
– CCA is responsible for all marketing activities and will promote each project through printed press release, e-invite, social media, website channels.
– CCA will liaise closely with all successful applicants on issues of curatorship and exhibition logistics.
– CCA has three exhibition spaces. There is no requirement for applicants to use all of these spaces.
– CCA has limited audio-visual equipment, which can be used subject to negotiation.
– Due to the expected high number of applicants, CCA unfortunately cannot offer feedback on any unsuccessful applications.